A total of USD 368.7 million* is requested for the period January ‐ December 2018, including:
- USD 27.7 million for Angola
- USD 22.7 million for Burundi
- USD 7.3 million for Republic of the Congo
- USD 78.6 million for the Democratic Republic of the Congo
- USD 39.2 million for the Rwanda
- USD 118.3 million for the Uganda
- USD 34.4 million for the The United Republic of Tanzania
- USD 32 million for the Zambia
- USD 3.5 million for the South Africa Regional Office
* This total includes support costs (7 per cent)
With some 630,500 Congolese refugees in the region and 4.49 million IDPs, the situation in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) is one of the world’s most complex, challenging, protracted and forgotten crises. Since 2015, the number of people displaced internally has more than doubled, some 428,000 of these having been displaced in the past three months alone.
This Appeal presents UNHCR’s strategic objectives and financial requirements for its response to current as well as expected Congolese refugees and IDP and returnee population.
More details on the individual operations covered by this Appeal are available in the country annexes, and on relevant country operations pages.